Sunday, September 6, 2009

Inspired

The movie Julia and Julia totally inspired me to start my own blog as a way to help me through the daily battles of living with diabetes. Blogging might be a way for me to relieve some stress and maybe even help other people with Diabetes find someone they can relate to. I know there are others out there that must have some of the same feelings I do. Hopefully, we can take on this roller coaster together.

So about me...My name is Kim and I'm 24....married with 3 dog-children and a bird. I'm a second grade teacher about 45 minutes north of Atlanta. Type I diabetes (juvenile) didn't grace me with its presence until I was 20 years old. My sister and I are the only two people out of our entire family that have it.

Since my diagnosis, I've also been diagnosed with Hashimoto's, (sounds like a Japanese cuisine...I know), but it's actually a thyroid issue. Of course I'm not here to blab about all of my problems, but those are some things you probably need to know about me. Oh yes...and I'm a Jazzercise Junkie. (http://www.jazzercise.com/). Jazzercise is not for the lighthearted like everyone thinks it is. It kicks my you know what everytime.

Anyways, follow my blog if you want a fresh new way to deal with diabetes through some venting and laughter.

Peace for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment